The Danny Phantom Superhero Project is ''An alternate telling allowing Danny to break out of the ghost-hunting routine." The basic idea is that the fic takes place in an Alternate Universe where Danny isn't half ghost, but still gets his powers and becomes a hero.
- Adaptational Villainy: Jazz has a FaceHeel Turn in the first chapter.
- Alternate Universe: Obviously. There are a good number of differences, like Danny not being half ghost, and there being being numerous other (human) superheros and villains, for instance.
- Ascended Fanboy: Danny in this universe is a big fan of the existing superheroes, and has been wanting powers in order to join the fight against evil for a while now. He gets them in the first chapter.
- Functional Magic: Magic exists in this world, and one of the enemies Danny fights in a witch.
- It's All My Fault: Danny briefly blames himself for Jazz's FaceHeel Turn.
- Noodle Incident: This world's Tucker apparently built a battlesuit and fought a supervillain before they met.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: For one thing, Danny isn't half-ghost in this universe, and the Ghost Zone apparently doesn't exist. He does fight against an evil ghost at one point though.
- Required Secondary Powers: Jazz gives herself Super Speed to escape Danny after her FaceHeel Turn, but when she spun around on her left leg, the g-forces did some serious damage to her leg, causing her extreme agony.