- Accidentally Correct Writing: In the episode where Logans phone gets drenched and they use the rice treatment to dry it out, Logan asks why they didnt speed up the process by using instant rice. While the joke itself is obviously Logan being The Ditz, using this method with instant rice is actually faster than normal rice.
- Actor Allusion:
- When Logan points out that the group vote is flawed in "The New Guy", Jasmine goes on about how voting is a constitutional right. This isn't the first time Piper Curda has gone on a rant about politics.
- Jasmine's surname is revealed to be Kang in "Bad News". This isn't Piper's first time playing a character with that surname. (It wouldn't be her last either, at least with a similar name.)
- In "The Doctor Is In", Bradley Steven Perry portrays a doctor again. And his character's last name is Gabriel.
- Actor-Shared Background: The show is set in Illinois, where Piper Curda spent much of her childhood.
- Casting Gag:
- In "Lindy Nose Best", Delia tries to teach Garrett how to be a place-kicker. In real life Sarah Gilman actually was a place-kicker for her high school football team (some may have seen the "Make Your Mark" featurette on the network about a girl playing that position for her high school. Yeah, that's Sarah).
- Like Garrett, Peyton Clark played football in high school.
- Creator's Favorite Episode:
- Piper Curda has said that "Lindy Nose Best" is her favorite episode.
- Sarah Gilman's favorite episode is "Snow Problem".
- Dawson Casting: The main characters are about 14, despite the cast ranging in age from 17 (Olivia Holt, Piper Curda) to 21 (Peyton Clark) when filming ended.
- Executive Meddling: After the slumping ratings of Season 1, the original production staff was effectively fired and replaced by the crew of Good Luck Charlie. As a result, the show had been retooled dumping the original premise and resulting in the show's now Artifact Title.
- Friday Night Death Slot: It was moved to Friday evenings for the later part of its run (though Friday is traditionally one of Disney Channel's two strongest nights).
- In-Joke: In the teaser of the season two premiere "Slumber Partay!" the gang discovers that Rumble Juice is under new management - the show itself is under new management, with the season one creative staff (including I Didn't Do It creators Josh Silverstein and Tod Himmel, though the latter has consultant billing in the end credits) replaced by alumni from Good Luck Charlie.
- Playing Against Type:
- Similarly Named Works: Not to be confused with the British crime film of the same name, the classic Simpsons episode or the Investigation Discovery series.
- The Wiki Rule: Here you go.
- Write Who You Know: Piper Curda's sister Saylor has appeared as young Jasmine.
Trivia / I Didn't Do It