Piper Joy Curda (born August 16, 1997 in Tallahassee, Florida) is an Asian-American teen actress and singer who has appeared in around 15 films and television series. She is best known for her roles as Jasmine Kang in the short-lived Disney Channel original series I Didn't Do It and Casey in the Disney web series Rule the Mix, in addition to her guest role as Kennedy Van Buren/Kumiko Hashimoto in the third season of A.N.T. Farm. She had a minor recurring role as Debby Kang on Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja . She also costarred as Mack's friend Alyssa in the 2015 sequel to the Disney Channel original movie Teen Beach Movie. Curda attended Wheaton College from 2016-19, where among other things, she originated the role of Kimmi Larkin in the world premiere of then-student production The Thousand Year Rose.
Tropes that apply to Ms. Curda include:
- Actor-Shared Background:
- IDDI is set in Illinois, where she spent much of her childhood.
- Both Piper and Kathy Kan have Korean ancestry.
- Advertised Extra: In Teen Beach 2.
- Break-Up Song: Much of her repertoire.
- Fan Community Nicknames: Peeps (and, more rarely, Curdonuts).
- Idol Singer: Averted in that, unlike most Disney stars who both sing & act, her music is actually completely separate from her Disney acting career."I try not to get the cliché of singing Disney stars in the way of anything. That assumption is going to come along with anyone on the network who sings. But I let people think what they want to think, hear my music, and judge it for themselves."
- Ink-Suit Actress: She quite strongly resembles her character Debbie Kang from Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja.
- Teen Idol: Although she's been acting since she was about 10.
- Write Who You Know: Her younger sister Saylor has appeared as young Jasmine in IDDI.