- Actor Allusion: One reaction the 1998 Furby has to being tickled is to sometimes laugh like Goofy. Furby's voice actor, the late Tony Pope, also voiced Goofy back in the 70s and 80s.
- He Also Did: Effects and animatronics specialist Randy Simper helped design the Shelby doll.
- Newer Than They Think: For a toy so commonly associated with the 90s, it was only released in 1998.
- Old Shame: Hasbro has been acting as if the 2005 Furby never existed, most likely due to it being not as successful as Hasbro hoped. Any time the 2012-present Furby is compared with older ones◊, it's only compared with the original (and more-remembered) 1998 Furby.
- Pop Culture Urban Legends: That the toys can be taught new words by shouting in their ears. This resulted in a lot of controversy, including bans from several military bases.
- Trope Namer: Faux Furby.
Trivia / Furby