- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: She's often called "Teen Dora" but she's actually a preteen.
- Franchise Killer: The poor ratings and low toy sales for Into The City!, mostly due to the show being overshadowed by the then-new hit PAW Patrol, may have lead to Nickelodeon putting an end to the Dora franchise, though this may change if the upcoming Dora and the Lost City of Gold is a success.
- Role Reprisal: The voice for Dora in Into the City! is Fatima Ptacek, who provided her voice during the final seasons of the original series. Here, she's using a more natural voice due to Dora being a few years older.
- Saved from Development Hell: The show took a long time to come out. Preteen Dora was revealed all the way in 2009. The Dora's Explorer Girls special came out in 2011 (and its intro was posted online in 2010), and it was supposed to have more episodes, but for unknown reasons, no more were released. There was also a CGI version of the intro but nothing came out of that either. Eventually, the premise was revamped and ended up coming out in 2014.
- What Could Have Been:
- Judging from the older version of Dora seen in "Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure", the original premise was supposed to be closer to the original Dora instead of being more Slice of Life geared.
- A CGI version of the intro to Dora's Explorer Girls exists, implying it was meant to be Dora's leap into CGI. Dora and Friends: Into The City uses a Flash-style similar to the main series.
Trivia / Dora and Friends: Into the City!