- Acting for Two:
- Rie Kugimiya voices both Shana and Taiga. There is actually unique pre-battle dialogue for this if they fight each other (and so far, they are the only two playable characters with the same VA).
- Invoked for the latter as well; Kirito notes that when he heard Kirino's voice for the first time, she might be like his little sister, Suguha. Both characters are voiced by Ayana Taketatsu.
- Ditto for Rentaro and Arita (Yuuki Kaji), Tomoka and Kuroneko (Kana Hanazawa), Ako, Airi and Enju (Rina Hidaka), Holo and Tomo (Ami Koshimizu), Wilhelmina and Floretia (Shizuka Ito) and even Saki and Emi Yusa (Yoko Hikasa). All of these characters are either playable with the other being a support-only.
- Fan Nickname: The American release of this game may as well be called Yen Press/Yen On Fighting Climax. The playable, non-Sega characters come from eleven separate light novel series. Seven of those series were licensed by Yen Press and it's new Yen On imprint in 2014 and 2015.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.":
- An odd example relating the art style. The artwork for the characters more closely resembles their original Light Novel illustrations as opposed to their more streamlined anime adaptation designs. This may confuse or put off Western fans who are unfamiliar with the source material.
- Sega Hard Girls wasn't exactly a widely recognized franchise until Hi Scoool Se Ha Girls aired in 2014-2015 (and still isn't). So when it was announced that Dreamcast from SeHa Girls was going to be making an appearance in Fighting Climax, many believed that she was new or had originated in a video game.
- With the release of Grimoire Of Zero anime in 2017 and the release of Sword Art Online spinoff, Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online anime in 2018. All assist characters have now have an anime adaptation.
- No Export for You: Avereted since the original game was released outside of Japan. However this is played straight with Ignition, which never saw an overseas release because of poor sales of the original game around the world.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Turns out, Rentarou/Haruyuki, Kirito and Miyuki's voice actors have previously voiced in the French Bread-developed game Under Night In-Birth, which Fighting Climax shares the same HD engine with.
- The Other Darrin: Kino's original voice actress for her anime incarnation Ai Maeda (Not to be confused with the voice actress of the same name) was unable to reprise due to her being a live action actress, and she's instead voiced by Aya Hisakawa who voiced her in the Drama CD's in this game.
Trivia / Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax