- Completely Different Title: In Sweden, the film was called "I sanningens namn", meaning "In the Name of the Truth".
- Dyeing for Your Art: Matt Damon lost 40 pounds for his role, causing his health to become so frail he had to be put under medical supervision for months afterwards.
- Method Acting: According to Bronson Pinchot, Denzel Washington was verbally abusive to him and others on the set, for the sake of "staying in character."
- Playing Against Type: Meg Ryan as a helicopter pilot and war hero.
- What Could Have Been: Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks were considered for Nathan Sterling.
Trivia / Courage Under Fire