Anthony Perkins (April 4, 1932 September 12, 1992) was an American actor, singer and director.
He appeared in about 60 movies over 40 years. His most iconic role was without much doubt Norman Bates in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho and its sequels. He received much acclaim for playing this lone motel owner with a horrific mother-related disorder, and for other roles in films such as Friendly Persuasion, Goodbye Again and The Trial.
Perkins passed away from an AIDS-related pneumonia on September 12, 1992 at age 60.
Films with pages on TV Tropes:
- Friendly Persuasion (1956) as Josh Birdwell note
- Psycho (1960) as Norman Bates
- Five Miles to Midnight (1962)
- The Trial (1962) as Joseph K.
- Is Paris Burning? (1966) as Sgt. Warren
- Catch-22 (1970) as Chaplain Capt. A. T. Tappman
- The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972) as Reverend LaSalle
- The Last of Sheila (1973) - did not act in the movie but co-wrote the screenplay
- Murder on the Orient Express (1974) as Hector McQueen
- Les Misérables (1978) as Javert
- The Black Hole (1979) as Dr. Alex Durant
- North Sea Hijack (1979) as Lou Kramer
- Winter Kills (1979) as John Cerruti