- Anime First
- Artistic Age: According to Word of God, Tetsu is 17/18, but looks like a middle age man, lampshaded by Emi in Episode 78 when she calls him "Ojisan" and towards the end of Asia-Hen with Ali doing the same.
- Ascended Meme: The term Kaiqualia was actually said in a Mini Van short.
- Dueling Shows: With Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, which aired the season after it. Both focus on middle school aged kids and card games. It helps that the creator of Vanguard actually started out as a manga-ka for Yu-Gi-Oh! R and Takahashi's (the creator of YGO) understudy.
- Fan Nickname:
- Asaka is called rule 63 Aichi due to their physical similarities.
- Yandere Aichi started to catch on after ride 44. Also PsyAichi.
- Suibey after 58 aired.
- Among his Japanese fans, Ren is often referred to as "Ren-sama".
- Platina Ezel is frequently referred to as Pretzels or PEzel for short.
- When Kai shows off having Psyqualia in the manga, it was quickly given the nickname Kaiqualia.
- A real life example, Izumi Kitta, Misaki's voice actor, has a tendency to pull two triggers to break through her opponent's guards, and a lot of them are double critical triggers. This has earned her the nickname of Izuqualia.
- Like the Gaang and the Krew, Kai and his friends who are looking for Aichi are called the "Mates."
- The game itself is called "Luckfight Sackguard" due to its propensity for relying on cards on the top of players' decks as part of its game mechanics.
- No Export for You: All 3 3DS games, Ride to Victory, Lock On Victory and Stride To Victory. The company that produced the games, FuRyu has said that they have no intentions of translating the games. The 3DS region lock doesn't help the matter either. So if you want to play the game, you have to buy a Japanese 3DS just to play it. This has prompted fans to send petitions to Nintendo to localize the games.
- The Legion Mate arc of the anime was skipped in the dub. This is due to either Bushiroad wanting to have the dub of the anime and English card releases closer to the Japanese releases, or because of the director for the first 4 series, who also helps with the directing of the dub, retiring.
- Bushiroad's crossover collaboration with hololive's Suisei Hoshimachi event is Japanese-only, as there are no plans to release the event in the west. This disappointed several fans of the Vtuber as it was confirmed that Bushiroad International will no longer tie with Japanese-exclusive events.
- Playing Against Type: Ren Suzugamori is quite different from Atsushi Abe's usual type.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Ren and Kyou have fought each other before in a certain magical index. In Legion Mate, Misaka Mikoto joins the fray, using the same clan as Ren.
- Talking to Himself: The entirety of Episode 155 and 156 can be summed up by Leon and Takuto talking to themselves.
- The Wiki Rule: The Cardfight!! Vanguard Wiki.
Trivia / Cardfight!! Vanguard