- Dueling Shows: Along with Family Dog and Fish Police, ...Critters was one of several attempts to cash in on the success of The Simpsons with a wider market of prime-time animated shows. The Simpsons slaughtered them all, then rubbed salt in the wounds by putting tombstones of with the competing shows' names in their next "Treehouse of Horror" special.
- Friday Night Death Slot and Screwed by the Network: ABC ran the show on Saturday nights, giving it little chance to develop a wider audience.
- Follow the Leader: As mentioned above, the show was failed attempt to cash-in on the success of the then-new prime-time animated sitcom The Simpsons.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Fox may have let re-runs slip over to Turner/WB (as this show did air in the early days of Cartoon Network, when the channel was a 24/7/365 showcase of Hanna-Barbera animation, both popularnote and obscure), but DVD rights apparently not so much. Even though the one that doesn't have it would probably release it if they did.
- The Merch: Its brief broadcast life didn't stop it from getting a quartet of Burger King kid's-meal toys.
Trivia / Capitol Critters