- Actor Allusion:
- Nobuyuki Hiyama, who voiced Gai in this game and later appearances is well-known for making Hot-Blooded characters, incluing one in a previous SNK game, Fatal Fury's Joe Higashi.
- Masaki Usui, the main voice of Ryo Sakazaki reprises his role here.
- Bad Export for You: Apart of being made mostly for Japan, were few copies exported outside Japan, so the game was played by few people.
- First Appearance: Of all characters but Ryo Sakazaki.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The game has not received a home release. MAME Team has been trying to emulate HNG64 games for years, though more work needs to be done, as this and other Hyper Neo-Geo 64 games are marked "Not Working". Your best bet is to buy the hardware and the games via EBay.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The game was inspired by real competitions such as UFC rather than typical fighting game settings.
- Revival by Commercialization: This happened in the SNK Playmore era, mostly with 2 games: NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and The King of Fighters XI which took characters from this game (in NGBC, Ryo Sakazaki appears with the outfit of this game, as well representing it.)
- Vaporware: A port for PlayStation was planned, but cancelled (the only HNG64 game that received a port was Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition which was also based on this hardware.)
Trivia / Buriki One