- Completely Different Title:
- Portuguese: Final Trágico (Tragic Ending)
- German: Warrens Rache (Warren's Revenge)
- French: Rouge passion (Passion Red)
- Creator Backlash:
- Deleted Scene: A line was cut where Buffy tells Xander that it's a little early in the morning for him to be drinking:Xander: The tyranny of the clock must be overthrown.Buffy: So how many coup d'états is that?Xander: General Cirrhosis has seized control of the Liver Parliament.
- Edited for Syndication: Several scenes were cut out during its first airing on The BBC in the UK. The attempted rape of Buffy was cut from where she falls and hits her back on the shower to where she finally kicks him away. The exit wound appearing on Taras chest and her blood being splattered on Willows shirt was also cut and restarted from where Tara says, "Your shirt". Warren snaps a demons neck, but the scenes were changed so that only the sound effect was heard.
- Enforced Method Acting: In order to get Spike's final scene filmed the way the writers intended it, James Marsters was told Spike was going to get the chip out of his head and return to being evil. Naturally, Marsters wasn't happy when he read the final script.
- One-Take Wonder: The bathroom scene was done in one shot due to James Marsters being uncomfortable with it.
- Reality Subtext: Warren accidentally kills Tara. At the time Adam Busch and Amber Benson, respectively, were dating, and Joss Whedon actually told Adam, "You're gonna kill your girlfriend," to which the reply was "Warren gets a girlfriend?" "No, I mean your real girlfriend." They split in 2009, but remain friends. Ironically, their characters never interact once.
- Write What You Know: According to James Marsters, the bathroom scene was inspired by an experience of one of the writers.In the case of that scene, one of the female writers, in college, had been broken up with by her boyfriend, and decided that if she went over to his place, and if they made love one more time, everything would be fine. And so she tried to do that, and really kind of jumped the guy, and he had to push her off and say, "No, you have to leave now".
Trivia / Buffy The Vampire Slayer S 6 E 19 Seeing Red