- Actor Allusion:
- The lunch lady serving sloppy joes is a reference to Adam Sandler's popular song "Lunch Lady Land", which is from his 1993 album, "They're All Gonna Laugh At You".
- Before getting on the bus, the bus driver played by Chris Farley says "Good, great, grand, wonderful...", which was also said by Farley's character in Airheads, which also starred Adam Sandler.
- Enforced Method Acting: When filming the dodgeball scene, Adam and director Tamra Davis asked some of the kids for permission to let Adam hit them with the ball, but neither of them said how hard Adam would hit.
- Star-Making Role: Adam Sandler.
- Shout-Out: Max Anderson has as his doorbell chime the same G-E-C broken chord which comprises the jingle for NBC, an affiliate of Universal Pictures.
- Shown Their Work: Just in case you're wondering, at least part of the reason kindergarten doesn't come up is because the United States is one of several countries where school attendance doesn't become mandatory until the age of six. Had he started out his second-run education in kindergarten, Billy would have been handwaved right through to first grade anyway.
- Throw It In!: According to Adam Sandler, Chris Farley turning bright red in aggravation was improvised.
- Uncredited Role: Chris Farley is uncredited for his small part as the bus driver.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Billy Madison