- Completely Different Title:
- Czech: "Čas úsměvů" (Time of Smiles)
- Finnish: "Hymyä huuleen" (Smiles on the Lips)
- French: "Les marionnettes maléfiques" (The Evil Puppets)
- German: "Angriff der Mörderpuppen" (Attack of the Killerpuppets)
- Hungarian: "Átváltozás" (Transfiguration)
- Italian: "L'Ora del Sorriso" (The Smile Time)
- Portuguese (Brazil): "Tempo de Sorrir" (Time to Smile)
- Russian: "Время для улыбки" (Time for Smiles)
- Spanish (Latin America): "Tiempo de Sonreír (Time to Smile)
- Spanish (Spain): "La Sonrisa" (The Smile)
- Creator's Favorite Episode:
Actually, we got in pretty big trouble because we could not stop laughing for three hours. Every time I think back on him and the show, I do remember that episode.
- James Marsters named this as his favourite episode. He explained that it was "such a brave move" for a show to do an episode like that.
- Amy Acker named it as one of her favourites because it was one of her favourite memories of Andy Hallett.
- Defictionalization: Diamond Select Toys created a plush doll for Puppet Angel; after rapidly selling their entire production run of 5,000 pieces they produced a second and a third Angel puppet replica, followed by Puppet Spike.
- Deleted Scene: A line of dialogue was cut, added back to the story in Smile Time, Part Two:Gunn: Think about the headlines: "Big Bad Wolfram and Hart Drops Iron Heel on Fraggle Rock".
- What Could Have Been: Joss Whedon was originally set to write and direct this episode, but he came up with "A Hole in the World" and entrusted this one to Ben Edlund.
- Written-In Infirmity: David Boreanaz spends most of the episode as a puppet, as he was recovering from knee surgery.
- You Look Familiar:
Trivia / Angel S 05 E 14 Smile Time