The Secrets of the Synod Horrenda is a series of books written by Master Necromancer for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. They are sold in PDF format at the Paizo Store website under the rubric of Shadowland Press.
As of October 2015, seven books have been released in this line:
- 1. The Arts and Lore of the Necromancer
- 2. Conjuration Spells
- 3. Naat: Nation of Necromancers
- 4. Naatic: Language of Nercromancers
- 5. Necromancy Spells
- 6. Transmutation and Evocation Spells
- 7. Undead and Necromantic Constructs
This tabletop RPG provides examples of
- Human Resources: Many spells in these books require the sacrifice of living creatures.
- Teleport Frag: The spell teleport attack sends the target a short distance, but deliberately scrambles its body, dealing damage.
- Body of Bodies: The Naatic amalgam is a gigantic zombie created by magically fusing a large number of humanoid corpses together. The more bodies available, the larger and stronger the resulting amalgam will be. Amalgams are used a siege machines and aids in construction.
- Casting a Shadow: A specialty of the necromancers in Naat.
- Grand Theft Me: A necromancer can accomplish this through the spell cheat death, which establishes a link between him and another person. If the caster dies, his soul transfers to the other person, expelling the soul already in residence and allowing the necromancer to claim it as his own.
- Fantastic Nuke: The spell final sacrifice destroys the caster completely (both body and soul) in order to kill everything in a several mile radius.
- Guardian Entity: Guardian spirit summons a ghost from the Netherworld to serve as this.
- Poke in the Third Eye: Scryer's bane will enchant an area so that anyone who attempts to scry it will either die (if the saving throw fails) or be stricken blind (if the save succeeds).
- Hate Plague: The Nightrager drives nearby creatures into a homicidal frenzy.
- Possession Burnout: The srul-po, the spirit of someone who burned to death, slowly incinerates the bodies that it possesses.
- Walking Wasteland: The Nightbringer is surrounded by a cloak of darkness that deals 2 negative levels per round. It can kill creatures simply by being near them.