- "We going to America!" "Today!"
- "Look! A flying circus!"
- A Visual Pun: The monkeys form a chain like the Barrel of Monkeys.
- Mention is made of a Canadian-French circus which got rid of all its animals to make a big show — Cirque du Soleil, in other words.
- This could be coincidental, but looking at the designs of the elephants in the circus, the drawings of them by Craig Kellman are reminiscent of the elephants from The Jungle Book.
- Dubois "awakens" her team with "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien".
- The plan to break into the casino has resemblance to Mission: Impossible, complete with Alex using his nails to cut glass and using rope for "Mission: Impossible" Cable Drop
- Plus Dubois apparently channeling Major Kusanagi when trying to hold back the plane.
- When the British dogs are fighting at one point, one can be heard to say "I'll have your guts for garters!"
- "Move over, Miss Daisy!"
- "You smell like peaches and herb!"
- "It's DuBois!" "Bababooey!"
Shout Out / Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted