Wizbit is a 1980s BBC children's television show about an alien magician, Wizbit. It starred conjuror Paul Daniels and wife Debbie McGee.
The series is set in Puzzleopolis, a town inhabited by walking, talking sponge-balls, dice, magic wands, playing cards and rabbits, where the protagonists must solve puzzles. Wizbit's year-and-a-day mission is to find out all about planet Earth.
The show is partly educational, with the (often lateral thinking) puzzles Wizbit is set often being presented to the audience at home, with the solutions being revealed towards the end of the episode. Wizbit's magic word was "Ostagazuzulum", and he came from the planet WOW, an acronym for "World Of Wizards".
Wizbit proves examples of the following tropes:
- Character Title: There's a character named Wizbit in the show.
- Fox-Chicken-Grain Puzzle: The end of the episode "A Game of Hanky Poo" shows Wooly in one of these.
- One-Word Title: It's a Character Title.
- Real Song Theme Tune: The catchy theme song is actually a variation of the Lead Belly song "Ha-Ha This A Way".
- Spell My Name with an "S": Averted. Wooly is spelled with one L.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrots are the favourite food of Wooly.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Guess what colour hair Grocer Green's is.