A Short-Runner NBC Dramedy series starring Stephen Collins and Blythe Danner as Nick and Hillary Tattinger, a divorced couple running an upscale Manhattan restaurant together. The series failed in the ratings but was briefly revived as Nick & Hillary before being cancelled.
Tattingers ran from October 26, 1988 to April 26, 1989.
Tropes for this series:
- Alliterative Name: Scott Spalding.
- As Himself:
- Paul Shaffer plays himself in El Sid.
- The Ramones make an appearance in Half a Loaf.
- Big Applesauce: Takes place in Manhattan, New York City.
- Character Title: The last name of the two main characters.
- One-Word Title: Tattingers.
- Retool: The show was revamped into a half-hour comedy, Nick & Hillary, to try and give it a ratings boost. It didn't work.
- Working with the Ex: Nick and Tattinger are divorced with two daughters but remain partners for their restaurant business.