Back in January 2012, it was announced that Phenomena
would get a movie. Very little news was given, other than a short and still unupdated synopsis on Filmed Imagination
and some posters on their Facebook page
. Until 2013, that is, when the account Phenomena Writer
appeared on Twitter
. He announced
that he wanted it to be a Live Action TV-series
. After much development, it tried to gain funds on American Film Market
in 2014 with no luck. In 2015, they tried again on the film festival in Cannes
with a description and promotional poster this time. Due to the lack of news, it seems like this was a failed attempt as well, probably because of both the bad promotional poster and the bad description of the series making it seem like a Cliché Storm
. After 3-4 years of development, one can say it has entered Development Hell
, for the fans at least.
The description can be read here.
As of the 4th of November, it has been seen attending AFM 2015.
Tropes that can be seen so far:
- Born in the Wrong Century: the promotion poster which looks like it's for a corny fantasy movies/TV-series from the 90s, even the logo. It doesn't make it nostalgia fuel though as no one really misses those.
- GIS Syndrome: most of the promotion poster is clearly this, including that the knight with the flaming sword is the same as the one on the Dragon Age: Inquisition cover.
- Handicapped Badass: seemingly what they tried to make Alk due to the burns on the right side of his face.
- Shapeshifter: what they turned Arol into to to not to have a too high of a budget.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Yes it's a fantasy, yes it has dragons, but dragons in Phenomena aren't evil, even though the creators of the poster seemingly thought so.