A series broadcast by The Sci Fi Channel from the channel's creation in 1992 until the end of 1996. It consisted of a series of short fake newscasts from 150 years in the future to the day they aired, airing every weekday throughout the year, repeated throughout the day and rerun on weekends. The clips were originally 30 seconds long, but returned in 60-second format after a 3-month hiatus in the middle of 1993, and stayed that way until it ended its run. Only about half the episodes are available on YouTube, but transcripts of all of them are available at the FTL Newsfeed Wiki.
- Instant A.I.: Just Add Water!: The AI running Cen Bank becomes sentient and even gets its own human body.
- No Name Given: The show's anchor.
- Space-Filling Empire: The world is divided into about a half-dozen economic combines.
- Suddenly Significant City: Chicago is the capital of the North American Union.
- We Will Use WikiWords in the Future: The world's central bank is called Cen Bank.