Captain Nice was a 1967 NBC show starring William Daniels. It centered around a police chemist named Carter Nash who invented a chemical that, when he drank it, gave him super strength, the ability to fly, and invulnerability. Under the guise of "Captain Nice" he protected the citizens of Big Town.
This series provides examples of:
- Captain Geographic: A little bit—Carter did have a very...uh...truer than the red, white and blue costume.
- Captain Super Hero
- Clark Kenting: Interestingly enough, only in the first episode.
- Clark Kent Outfit: Carter had one of these.
- Comedic Hero: Carter/Captain Nice, of course.
- Line-of-Sight Name: To a certain extent—Carter comes up with the name "Captain Nice" because of the initials "CN" (Carter Nash) on his belt buckle.
- Loves My Alter Ego: In an interesting flip, Sergeant Kane is actually in love with Carter, and tells Captain Nice that she doesn't go for "muscle men."
- Momma's Boy: Carter has a bad case of this.
- Punny Name: Candy Kane.
- Super Heroes Wear Capes: Lampshaded by Mrs. Nash in the first episode.
- Super Zeroes: Captain Nice's superpowers included superhuman strength, invulnerability and the ability to fly, but he was nervous about doing the latter as he was afraid of heights, and his natural clumsiness was increased exponentially whenever he drank his super serum.