Ignition is a Quest run on Sufficient Velocity by Alivaril. Readers vote on actions that Jade Agni, an extremely traumatized magical girl candidate, will undertake. They almost always choose to do something which wasn't on the list.
The Quest uses an altered version of the magic system seen in Magic: The Gathering. Jade started off in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but has since moved to greener pastures after an unfortunate misunderstanding.
Knowledge of a given setting is not required and may actually be harmful.
Ignition contains the following tropes:
- Alien Geometries: The Blind Eternities. Overlaps with Acid-Trip Dimension.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Agneyastra's predecessor, Suryastra, went rogue.
- We recently saw why it went rogue: apparently an attempt to strengthen the Agni bloodline by feeding the weak members to the stronger ones. Given Jade exists, this may have succeeded. It may have also produced Agneyastra as a byproduct.
- Alternate Universe: Every single plane, including the one Jade starts off on.
- Born Lucky: Whenever the QM rolls for anything important, the outcome will almost certainly be in Jade's favor. See "Schmuck Bait" below for the most memorable example.
- Dungeon Bypass: Literally. In 14.7 Jade passes through a Djinn's Dungeon by locating his room and proceeding to use her Celestial Lance to tunnel her way through the intervening walls.
- Hidden Backup Prince: The Agni family had at least four, along with a clone and Indira Agni, and Jade herself, both of whom appear to have a much firmer claim on the royal line than the commonly known ones.
- Grey and Gray Morality: The Agni civil war.
- Refusal of the Call: Jade initially declines Kyubey's offer.
- Royalty Superpower: It's heavily implied that Sylvester Agni managed to develop a Red Planeswalker Spark in some form and passed it down along the Agni family tree from then on.
- Schmuck Bait: Many, many examples.
- "Would you like to make a contract with me and become a magical girl?"
- Agneyastra's "Royal" configuration is the most blatant example of this in the entire game. Jade still got away with it due to extreme amounts of luck.
- In fact, she got away with it so hard that she managed to retroactively become a long-lost royal heir.