As Yuya duels Crow, the shocks from Roget's chip drive him into Berserk Mode, and he synchronizes with Yuto, Yugo, and Yuri. With the four speaking as one, Yuya has summoned "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" and "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon," and now overlays them to summon "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon." As Roget orders the course changed to allow Yuya to take an Action Card, the summoning causes a black out and the track stops before it can lower into position. Crow uses his Black Bird's flight mode to sail over, while Yuya activates "Wings of the Supreme Ruler" and hangs onto Rebellion Dragon to do the same. Both Tops and Commons cheer for them, and Crow thinks if Yuya really was working for Tops, the course change was more of a danger for him than Crow.
Roget is contacted by the technician in charge of the shock chip, who warns that it has malfunctioned with the summoning of Yuya's monster, and will begin to put out increasingly harmful shocks until they grow fatal; Roget doesn't care. Yuya uses Rebellion Dragon to attack three times, Crow barely defending himself and hanging on with 200 Life Points. Watching from the helicopter following them, Sora wonders if he should get involved to try and stop Rebellion Dragon. Suddenly, everyone watching notices something in the sky: Obelisk Force is flying on hanggliders. Academia's invasion has begun. Roget orders the Security force sent to apprehend the Executive Council to turn their focus to holding the building against Obelisk Force, and Sergey is dispatched against them.
Sora thinks about Obelisk Force and that their goal is to capture Yuzu and Serena; Yuzu is safe, but Serena isn't, and Yuya was concerned for her as well. Sora leaps onto the back of Crow's motorcycle and alerts him to Yuya's transformation, and tells him to bring Yuya to his senses before Sora goes off to find Serena. Crow summons "Blackwing - Death the Mourning Wind" and Tunes it with Raikiri to summon "Assault Blackwing - Chidori the Light Rain". Chidori gains 300 ATK for each Blackwing in Crow's Graveyard. Chidori is powered up to 4100 ATK and destroys Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, but the effect of "Wings of the Supreme Ruler" deals damage to him equal to the dragon's ATK, causing him to lose the duel. With the destruction of Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, the shock chip deactivates, Yuya leaves his Berserk Mode, and his synchronization with the others ends. Back in the stadium, Crow tells Yuya about Obelisk Force as he's taken away, and Yuya rides into the city to find Serena and Sora.
This episode contains examples of:
- Adult Fear: Knowing that someone close to you is in danger but not being able to do anything is horrifying.
- Seeing a child hanging from a great height, and then letting go is something many people would lose sleep over.
- Badass in Distress: Due to the chip on his helmet breaking, Yuya spends most of the episode at risk of dying due to an overload of electricity.
- Battle Aura: This episode reveals that when Yuri and Yugo are synched with a Berserk Yuya, they also have a black aura around them.
- Blessed with Suck: Crow summons a Tuner monster with the effect that, when the Synchro Monster summoned using it is destroyed, Crow will instantly lose the duel. One must ask why any duelist ever would use a card like that. For a point of reference, you can count on one hand how many cards (even the anime and manga-only ones) have the effect of making the one playing the card lose the duel, and usually it's as a last ditch effort to avoid losing when your Life Points hit zero. And on a meta level it's simply unneeded, Crow loses due to Yuya's effect damage anyway.
- The Bus Came Back: After what was near half the series so far, the Obelisk Force makes its return.
- Call-Back: Sora remembers Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon from his last duel with Yuya.
- Darkest Hour: The Academia is invading.
- Death Glare: Berserk Yuya and Sergey give a hell of one.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Doctor that made Sergey into a cyborg was horrified over the idea that Yuya would die and begged Roget to turn off the chip.
- HeelFace Turn: This episode furthers Sora's, as he decides to protect Serena because of Yuya's words.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Crow's last turn turns into this when he realizes that something isn't right with Yuya.
- I Will Only Slow You Down: Serena states that she will slow Reira and Tsukikage down, Reira refuses to allow this.
- Last Stand: Crow Synchro summons his ace with a monster with an effect that would make him lose automatically if Chidori gets destroyed, but he puts all his might on it in order to snap Yuya out. Berserker!Yuya (and the other Yuboys) return the favor with his own last stand that both destroyed Chidori and gave Crow 4100 of damage on his already low 200 LP.
- Mythology Gag: Crow's motorcycle still has its flight mode from 5Ds.
- Oh, Crap!: Everyone's reaction when they see Obelisk Force.
- Pragmatic Villainy: When Roget sees Obelisk Force, he turns his attention from capturing Reiji and the Council to defending them and making sure they don't escape while Security keeps Obelisk Force from getting to them.
- Series Continuity Error: Crow makes a point that Death the Mourning Wind is a Tuner; the writers apparently forgot that Raikiri is treated as a Tuner by its effect, and you can't Synchro Summon using only two Tuners. Whoops. It's particularly confusing when one remembers Crow runs Blackwings, and there's any number of Level 4 Blackwings that aren't Tuners he could have used.
- Shoot the Dog: Jack's response to the end result of Yuya's Duel against Crow? Complete scorn.Jack: Hmph! What a worthless Duel!
- Would Hurt a Child: In case there were any lingering doubts about Roget. When told the shock chip will put out ever higher voltages and eventually cause Yuya brain damage, if not outright kill him, Roget's response is "oh well, it'll be a shame to lose such a good pawn."