Needing the Trollhunter to open the Killahead Bridge, Bular has taken Blinky captive.
Tropes for this episode include:
- Always Save the Girl: Draal asks why Jim is willing to rescue Blinky, at the risk of reopening the Bridge. Jim affirms that he'd do the same for any of his friends, including Draal himself.
- An Arm and a Leg: Draal is able to remove the Amulet from the Killahead Bridge, but he loses his arm in the process.
- Artistic License: Barbara would have been able to see that Jim was attacked, especially if he were clonked on the head. She instead berates him for lying about coyotes, rather than ask who hurt him.
- Big Damn Heroes: Jim and the others come to Blinkey's rescue, escalating into a battle between the heroes (and Not Enrique) and villains; Jim, Draal, Aargh, Toby, NotEnrique, and Blinkey versus Bular, Nomura, Strickler, and the goblin horde.
- Blatant Lies: Claire, Toby and Jim maintain that coyotes attacked Jim when he went with Claire into the woods. Barbara doesn't buy it and calls out Jim for lying to her.
- Call-Back: When Strickler meets Jim, he checks that Jim brought the real amulet and not the decoy that Stickler had made. In the previous episode the goblins nearly ate Claire alive because Jim had a fake amulet.
- Chekhov's Boomerang: Toby's Chubby Tracker. Jim wears it on his wrist so that he can alert Toby, Aargh and Draal of the bridge's location.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Jim manages to destroy the bridge with help, attend the play on time, and win Claire's heart. He has also sent Strickler into hiding.
- False Reassurance: Jim isn't reassured when Mr. Strickler promises that his mother will be kept safe when the Gumm Gumms come through the portal.
- Fastball Special: Toby and Aaarrrgghh pull one of these to free Blinky.
- HeelFace Turn: NotEnrique decides that he's not ready for this arguably-better-than-Darklands world to end, so he at least turns his back on Bular and Strickler long enough to help the heroes in the fight some and to try to remove the amulet from the Bridge (it doesn't work).
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Jim delivers a fatal blow to Bular by punching him in the chest and summoning the Sword of Daylight inside him, shooting through him with a ray of pure daylight.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Jim pretends to surrender to Strickler and open the bridge in exchange for Blinky's life. He actually was wearing Toby's Chubby Tracker to alert Aargh, Toby and Draal. They come right as he pretends to open the bridge. Blinky praises him for using a strategy from the book.
- Pet the Dog: Steve comes to see Romeo and Juliet after he got retired from the Romeo role.
- Pragmatic Hero: Aargh is a pacifist. But threaten his best friends and he will ignore his vows to protect them.
- Rasputinian Death: Even after being run through with the Sword of Daylight and falling off the bridge, suffering exposure to the setting sun in the process, the still dying Bular still manages to rise up and try one more attack, for which he is smashed into pieces for good measure.
- Redemption Equals Affliction: Removing the amulet from the bridge cost Draal his arm. But it was such a heroic deed that he is no longer disgraced and is once more welcome in Trollmarket. In fact one troll makes him a Steam Punk prosthetic arm.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Chompsky has found the nursery in the Darklands with Claire's brother.
- True Companions: When Draal wonders why Jim would risk his life for Blinky, Jim replies that he would do the same for Draal. Draal's stunned silence upon hearing this speaks volumes. However, what takes the cake is Draal expressing that he not only trusts Jim and fears for his safety, but for someone who gladly hated Jim a few episodes ago, he no longer cares about being Trollhunter but rather cares more Jim's well being as a friend.Jim: You need me to trust me on this, Draal.
Draal: I do trust you. But I also fear for you. You're walking into a den of death, and for what...Blinky?
Jim: I'd do the same for you.
Jim: If anything goes wrong, if it means anything, I hope you're the next Trollhunter.
Draal: And I hope it won't come to that.
- Where It All Began: Jim and Bular have their final rematch under the same bridge Kanjigar was felled. Bular even makes note of this. "Two Trollhunters killed under the same bridge ... It's a shame. I'd hoped your death would be more entertaining than Kanjigar's."