Claire sees the Heartstone Trollmarket for the first time; Jim receives a summons; Strickler rouses an ancient assassin.
Tropes for this episode include:
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Invoked; Jim says his mother would take him to the crazy house if he told the truth. Except that he has the amulet as proof, as well as the trolls.
- Break Her Heart to Save Her: Kanjigar says that he pushed Draal away to keep him safe.
- Continuity Nod: Blinky and Jim have built the Vespa. They repair it after the night's events with the fire cat.
- Crazy-Prepared: Claire reads the book that Blinky assigned about trolls, and speaks enough of the language to impress Vendel.
- Do Wrong, Right:
- Blinky knows that Jim and his friends will go to the Darklands by repairing the bridge. So he's going to do what he can to help, since he knows that while it's a foolish and stupid idea, that Jim will do it anyway because he made a promise.
- The previous Trollhunters defeat Jim in combat and tell him how to survive in the Darklands though they don't like the plan.
- Dramatic Chase Opening: A giant fire cat is chasing Toby. Jim then comes to help, on the Vespa.
- Everyone Can See It: Between Jim and Claire. Blinky lampshades it mid episode while helping Jim touch up his Vespa.
- Hypocritical Humor: Vendel was furious when another human entered the Trollmarket, but immediately warmed up to her when she spoke Troll fluently.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Blinky and Arrrgh take a swig of something when Claire approaches Vendel.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Claire shows a glimmer of this when she learns that the "statues" in the arena are the past Trollhunters reconstructed stone bodies.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently Toby bought a volcanic rock in Trollmarket, that turned out to have vicious fire creatures in it.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Jim's mom pass off her favorite breakfast he made for her, because she's still upset he wouldn't tell her the truth last episode.
- Playing with Fire: Toby accidentally brings a fire cat to life.
- Running Gag: Someone keeps throwing crumpled paper at everyone in Jim's class, even Coach Lawrence who's substituting for Strickler.Coach: Really?
- Time Skip: About a month has passed since the last episode.
- Wham Line: Jim tells his friends that if they want to save Enrique, they have to kill Gunmar in the Darklands.