Homer discovers Maggie's secret talent in whistling and tries to help her get famous. Marge becomes an interior decorator for Fat Tony.
- Artistic License Ornithology: Toucans are depicted with cockatoo-like head feathers.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: When a vulture is about to peck Grandpa, he says his blood is rotten because he watched Fox News.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Fat Tony gives up on his plan to turn the old post office into a whorehouse when he learns a letter to his mother from the Pope was left there.
- Imagine Spot: Homer imagines himself becoming famous by taking credit for Maggie's whistling.
- Interspecies Romance: After Homer, Marge, Maggie, and Bart all behave furtively at dinner, Lisa tells Santa's Little Helper and Snowball II that it seems everyone has a secret except the three of them. However, as she turns away, the two pets exchange a knowing look and smile before kissing each other.
- Vaudeville Hook: Someone tries to pull Homer with one. Even a king-sized hook isn't enough.
- Vice-President Who?: Homer imagines himself receiving a medal from the President while Maggie receives an envy medal from the Vice-President.