Michael returns from vacation just in time for inventory, and accidentally lets slip his big secret: Jan was his travel companion. Jim and Karen argue about where she should move.
Air date: January 4, 2007.
- Big Brother Instinct: Dwight sees Pam crying and immediately asks who did this to her.
- Blatant Lies: Jan was in Scottsdale It was very sunny.
- Call-Back: Darryl finds his lost iPod and speaker dock.
- Foreshadowing: The first thing Pam tells Michael when he gets back to the office is that Hannah quit and filed a complaint, and that he might be deposed. In S4's "The Deposition," he is, as part of Jan's attempt to sue Dunder-Mifflin.
- Inconvenient Attraction: Jan hates that she's attracted to Michael, so much so that it drives her to treat him so terribly, it's painful to watch.
- Instant Web Hit: Michael accidentally emails a picture of himself with Jan in Jamaica to the warehouse, and within minutes, everyone in the company has a copy of it. And somehow a mural-sized poster gets to the warehouse wall.
- Stepford Smiler: Pam manages to talk Jim into letting Karen move nearby him, confessing to the camera that she was happy to help them. The scene then cuts to her crying in private, as she is secretly in love with Jim and is heartbroken over the fact that he is with someone else.