Release: March 24, 2009
Movie: Titanic: The Legend Goes On (2001)
This review contains examples of:
- Declarative Finger: The Critic briefly invokes this before deciding not to remark on the line, "Stupid dog... what am I saying? You look more like a bat!"
- Department of Redundancy Department:Critic: Some Italian fart in Italy...
- I Need a Freaking Drink / Rule of Three: When the dog starts rapping, Critic takes out a bottle of Jagermeister three times, with each bottle being bigger than the last.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: The review begins with:Critic: Now before you say anything, let me answer your very first question: Yes, this is real. Some Italian fart over in Italy decided he wanted to tell his version of how he saw the Titanic, which of course is completely different from that other little independent film that came out just a few years earlier. This charming little version has talking geese, Mexican mice, and, I'm really not kidding here- a rapping dog. I swear to God that is true; a rapping dog. This film is actually so bad, that a lot of people debate whether or not it actually exists. Copies of it are very hard to find, and most people who see snippets swear it's just something done by a fifth grader on Adobe Flash! But... heres the DVD to prove it, "Titanic."
- Product Placement: After the apparent end of the episode, a promo for a card game featuring AVGN and TGWTG characters plays.
- Maxie: Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Where are you going? The movie isnt over yet!
Critic: Right you are, you little obnoxious bastard.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: When it is revealed that Angelica is a servant to her evil stepmother and two stepsisters, he exclaims, "Gee, does THAT... SOUND... FAMILIAR?!?"
- Revised Ending: The Critic updates the "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue to remove the Happily Ever After and the glossing-over of the Titanic tragedy:Critic!Maxie: Kirk and Dirk got married to the evil stepsisters; William and Angelica got married, as well as adopted the two Dalmatians; and over 1,500 died in one of the world's largest and most tragic disasters. See you soon!
- Stupid Evil:Critic: What the hell? They actually break stuff for her to pick up? Thats not evil; thats Tourettes syndrome.
- That Reminds Me of a Song: Critic mocks how the movie's rap number starts by having Maxie be thankful for the Rapping Dog for saving him from getting eaten:Critic!Maxie: Yes, thank you. If theres anything we can do to help, just let us know. (the Rapping Dog suddenly starts rapping, to his surprise) Uh, what are you doing? (the rap continues) Did I at... any point indicate that I wanted a rap number? (he continues to watch the rap in confusion, bobbing his head to the beat and smiling awkwardly) I'm beginning to regret you saving me.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: In a gag edit of the movie:William: Nothing you could tell me... could prevent me from loving you.
Critic!Angelica: I'm a man.
Critic!William: Oop, gotta go! (cartoonishly runs off)
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Critic's response to Maxie's accent:Critic!Maxie: I can't decide on my accent, Mamma. Is it Italian? Mexican? French?