Penny, the girlfriend of a fellow painter, "Speed", hires the A-Team after he's beaten into the hospital following a mysterious assignment. To find out what's going on, the team passes off Murdock as a talented but obscure artist and discover that the whole things was part of an art forgery ring that switches out real paintings for fakes.
This episode includes examples of the following tropes:
- Angry Guard Dog: Face gets cornered by two German Shepherds after sneaking in to find the stolen "Renoir" painting.
- Dead Artists Are Better: Murdock notes when B.A. criticizes one of his pictures that many great artists were not well-considered until after their deaths and insinuates that it will be the same with him. Face tells Murdock to be careful as B.A. might plan to speed up the dying part.
- Everyone Hates Mimes: Averted. One of the friends of the Victim of the Week works as a mime; he's a good person and nobody seems to dislike him in spite of his profession.
- First-Name Basis: Face meets one of Mr. Shawn's employees and by the next scene, he's calling her by her first name and she's calling him by the first name of his alias.
- Forced into Their Sunday Best: Hannibal comes up with a scheme of passing off B.A. as a rich sports star to bring down the art forging operation they've discovered. However, this involves getting B.A. a suit, which he isn't happy about.
- Mistaken for Junkie: A verbal example; when Penny tells the team her boyfriend's nickname, Face asks if he's into drugs. She quickly explains that they gave him the nickname "Speed" because of his rapidity as a painter.
- Moving the Goalposts: In the opening scene, Mr. Shawn's men are trying to intimidate Speed into working on another painting. Speed refuses, saying that if he gives in to this one, Mr. Shawn will keep forcing him to do just one more.
- Overt Operative: The entire team goes by their names while on the mission, despite the fact that they're on the run.
- Staircase Tumble: The team punches one of Shawn's security guards and tumbles him down the stairs during a fight. They then hop over him to get to the exit.
- Terrible Artist: Murdock is shown to be actually terrible while undercover as a painter.