Marco attempts and fails to readjust to his life on Earth.
- ...And That Little Girl Was Me: Angie tells Marco the story of a girl who went to France and came back acting all snooty and using the French pronunciation of croissant, which annoyed all her friends. When Marco fails to make the connection between the story and how he's been acting, Angie flat out tells him that she was "the Craw-sawnt Girl".
- Bittersweet Ending: Jackie breaks up with Marco, but does so gently because she realizes that he's forcing himself to stay on Earth because of their relationship and explains that they can't continue or else they'll both be miserable. Marco manages to apologize for how annoying he was being to his friends and parents before leaving for Mewni.
- The Bus Came Back: After being Demoted to Extra for the entirety of Season 2, Alfonso and Ferguson make an appearance and get speaking roles again.
- Dramatic Wind: Marco's cape flaps indoors thanks to a nearby fan set up by Rafael. Sensei later pulls out a fan during a conversation with Marco to recreate the effect with his own "cape".
- Free the Frogs: While at a fancy restaurant, Marco and Jackie steal a lobster from the lobster tank and set it free in the ocean.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Jackie decides to break up with Marco because she realizes that he's not happy having to live on Earth.
- Jerkass Realization: Marco realizes how annoying he's been after Jackie calls him out for how insensitive he has been with everyone.
- Lampshade Hanging: Rafael questions in the end if it's even legal for him and Angie to let Marco go to Mewni. The only thing that could be done was to pass it off as some kind of exchange program.
- Manly Tears: While Marco made it clear he was bored with Earth life, breaking up with Jackie is far from what he wanted and after she leaves he has to wipe away his tears.
- Put on a Bus: Except for Janna and Marco's parents, the other regularly appearing residents of Echo Creek (Jackie, Oskar, Alfonso, Ferguson, Sensei, Miss Skullnik and Principal Skeeves) are not seen again for the remainder of the season following this episode.
- Reality Ensues: Constantly bragging about your success will often lead your loved ones to be annoyed with you.
- Stepford Smiler: Jackie keeps a smile during her break-up with Marco, but it's clear that she's very sad about having to end their relationship. When Marco tells her that she's his best friend she almost tears up only to compose herself immediately.
- Stranger in a Familiar Land: By the time Marco comes back to Echo Creek, he feels like he isn't fitting in anymore, and comes to realize just how limiting and mundane it is. The only thing that could keep him there was Jackie, (or so he thought).
- Take Off Your Clothes: After a hug, Jackie suddenly tells Marco "Take off your shirt." Naturally, he blushes and acts all bashful, but all Jackie wants is confirm the suspicion that he's still wearing his Mewni knight cape under his hoodie.
- Wham Line: In a last effort to save their relationship, Marco says Jackie is his best friend (in the same manner he does with Star). Jackie gently tells him, "We both know that's not true".
- You're Just Jealous: Marco initially thinks the reason his friends are angry with him is because they're jealous.