Lory has realized that Kyoko has fallen in love with Ren, and she has no way of possibly playing this off as anything less than it is or denying it. Terrified as she is of his knowledge, he calms her down by stating that he has no intention of revealing it to anyone, and helps Kyoko come to terms with her awoken feelings of love.
But before things can settle into a routine, the final stretch of the filming of Tragic Marker gets underway and it's off to Guam for its actors, including Kyoko returning to her role as Setsuka.
And there, she has a meeting with a very old acquaintance of hers.
This volumes contains the following chapters
- Act 201: "Desperate Seesaw" note
- Act 202: "L'entracte" note
- Act 203: "A Step Towards Atonement" note
- Extra: "Special Side Story" note
- Act 204: "Technicolor Paradise ~Hot Spot~" note
- Act 205: "Technicolor Paradise ~Hot Spot~" note
- Act 206: "Technicolor Paradise ~Hot Limit~" note
- Extra: "Dream Contact" note
Chapters in this volume provide examples of:
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Avoided by Corn, which he instinctively wanted to do to Kyoko. He stopped, thinking that she might recognize him because he did it so many times to her as Ren and Cain.
- Bad Liar: Subverted, when Kyoko reveals when she initially fell for Ren. Lory thought he had caught her fresh from acting as Setsuka, but it turns out she managed to fool Lory for about six months!
- Bait-and-Switch Accusation: Lory says that Kyoko needs a break from acting as Setsuka for 'personal reasons', which she thinks is him about to tell Ren that she's fallen in love with him. Actually, he's referring to her final exams coming up and needing time for that.
- Blackmail: Kyoko wonders if she can find a weakness in the president, to use as a 'bargaining chip' to get him to keep his mouth shut about her feelings.
- Blatant Lies: Everything Corn says in regards to his need for magic to talk and look the way he does, and claiming that he can only use magic once a day. Fortunately, Kyoko believes him.
- Brutal Honesty: Kyoko makes it clear she has no intention of letting her feelings develop.
- Cute Mute: Corn acts like one because he knows his voice would be immediately recognized.
- Eagleland: The series takes a trip to Guam for the Technicolor Paradise mini-arc.
- Flower Motifs: It's a shoujo manga, after all.
- Flowers In Her Hair: On the cover, Kyoko has flowers and fruits in her hair.
- Flashback: Chapter 201 flashes back to what happened after Kyoko's eyes met with Lory's in the previous chapter.
- Girlish Pigtails: Kyoko wears them on the cover.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language
- The title for Chapter 202 had its written guide be L'interacte, which means Intermission.
- When Ren gets asked out by two girls in Guam, he speaks Russian and claims to not know English.
- He's All Grown Up: What Kyoko thinks upon seeing Corn.
- Inelegant Blubbering: As Kyoko admits to Lory about her feelings for Ren and how disgusted she is that she wouldn't be able to let him go, she breaks out in tears and can barely talk between sobs.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Discussed by Lory. With Kyoko intent on not acting on her feelings for Ren, he asks if she could honestly be happy for Ren, if he were to find love with someone else and even get married. She can't even finish her sentence before realizing that she wouldn't be able to fulfill this trope.
- Magical Gesture: Corn pretends to use one while 'performing magic to borrow a voice'. He touches his face, then Kyoko's forehead, and snaps his fingers.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Yashiro expresses surprise that Lory didn't even mention that it was White Day, his second-favorite day of the year, and wonders if this is an indication of Lory perhaps being ill.
- Overly Long Hug: That's how the actors felt about the prolonged hug Cain was giving Setsuka, and Murasame forced them apart, chastising them as perverted siblings.
- Put on a Bus: In-universe, this gets done to Setsuka Heel when Lory wants to give Kyoko a break from the role. Citing it as 'Setsuka going back to the UK' as a reason for her absence to the other Tragic Marker actors.
- Sexy Shirt Switch: Kyoko appears to be wearing Corn's shirt on the cover for Chapter 206.
- Sherlock Scan: Kyoko realizes with a certain amount of horror that Corn's physical data is identical to Ren's. Corn claims that he appeared in a form akin to the last man she thought about, calling back to why his voice is similar to Ren's. She believes him.
- Squee!: Kyoko does a silent version when she sees Ren napping, using the pillow she gave him for his birthday.
- What If?: The Dream Contact extra is nothing but a scenario of Kyoko encountering Shou and Reino as Setsuka.