The episode begins in the courthouse, where Mayor Royal Falooda lectures the townspeople of Chatpata Nagar, including Samosa and friends, about the dangers of flies when a group of guards appear and bring in a box in which a fly has been imprisoned. The townsfolk run in fear at the idea of the fly being able to terrorize them, and later in the night the fly escapes from its box prison.
The next day, Samosa and friends make a joke about a fly being stuck on Cham Cham's back to surprise him, then Samosa heads home to potentially get away from the dangerous fly. The others follow suit shortly afterwards. The following day, Jalebi wakes up to find that the fly has gotten himself attached to the swirl on her head, and she panics and invites Dhokla and Vada to Samosa's house to show them all. All four friends scream and attempt to fight off the fly before it stops them and makes it clear that he does not mean any harm, and would like to go to Dr. Goti Sodawala to get himself unstuck from Jalebi.
Samosa and the others then try to sneak around some bystanders to get to the hospital, with Jalebi hiding the fly through a flower decoration on her head. When they make it to the front of the hospital, they find Cham Cham with a flyswatter and a superhero costume, waiting for the fly so that he may swat him. Cham Cham notices the fly peeping out from Jalebi's flower decoration, and understandably panics.
Meanwhile, in the hospital, the removal of the fly from Jalebi goes perfectly fine, but after the procedure is over Vada warns the others that an angry mob is waiting outside of the hospital for the fly. Samosa fakes fainting from the fly after "fighting" it with a flashlight to distract the mob, then Cham Cham notices his friends and Dr. Goti Sodawala are getting away from them, and the mob goes after them, assuming they have the fly with them. Samosa unscrews the battery door on the flashlight, where he was hiding the fly.
As the mob chases after his friends, Samosa releases the fly, who makes a run for the moon. When the mob finds Samosa, he points out the fly has left for the moon, then explains that the fly meant no harm... which nobody cares about much. The episode ends with the fly waking up to find himself stuck to the back of Cham Cham, who still has his flyswatter with him and attempts to swat him.
"Makhi Makhi!" contains the following tropes:
- Alliterative Title: "Makhi Makhi!" repeats the letter "M".
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Samosa releases the fly to the moon, where he seems completely unaffected by the lack of air there.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": Cham Cham's superhero costume has a symbol with the letters "CC" on it.
- Brown Bag Mask: When Jalebi goes over to Samosa's house to show everyone the fly on her head, she wears a brown bag over her head to keep anyone from seeing it and panicking.
- Clingy MacGuffin: The fly gets stuck on Jalebi, and she and her friends have to go to the hospital to have him removed without anyone knowing.
- Crocodile Tears: Samosa's gang fakes crying to get past Laddoo Havaldar, who was keeping them from crossing the street because a car was just about to pass by.
- "Double, Double" Title: "Makhi Makhi!" repeats "makhi" (Hindi for "fly") twice.
- Excited Show Title!: The episode's title has an exclamation point at the end.
- Fainting: To distract the angry mob, Samosa fakes fainting from the fly after "fighting" it off with a flashlight.
- Flies Equals Evil: The mentality behind the people of Chatpata Nagar chasing after the fly on the loose. Subverted in that the fly turns out to be completely friendly.
- Flower in Her Hair: Jalebi wears a flower decoration on her swirl to hide the fly.
- Here We Go Again!: The plot of the episode is that Jalebi finds a fly stuck on her. The episode ends with the fly getting stuck to someone again, this time on Cham Cham.
- Toothy Bird: Well, a toothy insect, but the idea is otherwise the same. The fly that gets stuck on Jalebi's head has teeth that are mostly rendered in the same Tooth Strip fashion as the other characters.