The ninth episode of the fifth season of Rugrats.
The Wild Wild West
Tommy, Chuckie, and Susie try to retrieve stolen ice cream coupons from Angelica.
Angelica For a Day
Chuckie and Angelica switch shoes and start acting like each other.
"The Wild Wild West" provides examples of:
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Angelica ties Tommy, Chuckie, and Susie up in a garden hose, and the other babies threaten to kiss Angelica if she doesn't let them go.
- Cowboy Episode: On a hot day, Grandpa Lou tells Tommy, Chuckie, and Susie a story about cowboys. Angelica steals a stack of coupons good for one free ice cream from the ice cream truck each. Tommy, Chuckie, and Susie pretend to be the cowboys and cowgirl from Grandpa's story to stop her.
- Imagine Spot: A cowboy-esque one is shown.
- Malaproper: Tommy, Chuckie, and Susie take on the aliases of Wild Bill Hiccup, Wyatt Burp, and Clammy Janenote .
"Angelica For a Day" provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Much of the events of this episode are revealed to be a dream of Tommy's.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Tommy puts Angelica's shoes on Chuckie so he'd be brave enough to stand up to the older children, and while this works, it comes with the side effect of Chuckie turning into a bully. When Angelica puts on Chuckie's shoes, she is friendlier towards Tommy, but it comes with the side effect of her being afraid of everything. Tommy soon wishes he had the old Chuckie back, and somehow, the old Angelica as well.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: A variation; when Chuckie and Angelica put on each other's shoes, they essentially swap personalities. They might as well have swapped minds, and no, Voices Are Not Mental.
- Hypocritical Humor: At the beginning of this episode, a bratty little girl demands that her father buy her some ice cream, and the father gives in. Drew sees this, laughs, and says, "I wouldn't want to be in that guy's shoes.". This is despite the fact that Drew regularly gives into Angelica's demands.
- Literal-Minded: Angelica tells Tommy and Chuckie that the phrase "I wouldn't want to be in that guy's shoes" means that if you put on someone else's shoes, you act just like him/her. Tommy tries this with Chuckie so he won't be afraid of everything; Chuckie puts on Angelica's shoes and turns into a bully, while Angelica puts on Chuckie's and is constantly in a state of fear.
- Noodle Incident: Tommy wants to play on Big Kid Mountain, but Chuckie protests, saying that Angelica told them they're too little to do so. Tommy doesn't believe Angelica, and tells Chuckie that she told them they'd float away to the moon if they didn't put sand in their pockets.
- Off-Model: When Chuckie begins to suspect that Tommy is trying to get him to take Angelica's shoes off, his socks are orange, just like Angelica's◊.
- Personality Swap: While wearing each other's shoes, Chuckie slowly becomes more bossy and condescending to poor Tommy, while Angelica mellows out and becomes afraid of everything.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Angelica starts to get on Tommy's nerves when she takes on Chuckie's cowardly personality. When some older boys come up to them and Chuckie, Tommy even says that he never thought he'd miss the old Angelica. When Tommy awakens from his dream, he is so glad that Angelica is still her mean old self, that he gives her a hug, much to her ire.