Phineas and Ferb has decided to try designing toys this episode.
Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz plots to get rich by forcing people to go through his toll booths to get in or out of the Tri-State area
- Bad Job, Worse Uniform: Candace's job at the toy store has her wearing a monkey hat, later a platypus costume, and even later a brick costume. Fortunately, Jeremy (who wears a hat with a hot-dog on it as part of his job at Mr. Slushy Dawg) commiserates with her.Jeremy: The things they make us wear. At least you don't have a wiener on your head!
- Charlie and the Chocolate Parody: The boys remodel the Har-D-Har Toy Company's factory to look like Willy Wonka's (complete with Chocolate River and Oompa-Loompa look-alikes, which surprises Phineas).Badinkadinks: We will now lay waste to the surface dwellers!
- Did Not Think This Through: Doof's plan to imprison Perry inside a brick box would work better if he had some cement to keep the bricks together.
- Hypocritical Humor: Phineas and Ferb designed an inaction figure that did nothing. Later, when the company started selling toy bricks, Phineas wondered who'd play with a brick because they did nothing.
- Shout-Out: To The Emperor's New Clothes: The head of the Har-D-Har Toy Company believed he was wearing a suit only smart people were able to see.
- Tempting Fate: Doofenshmirtz: "You couldn't stop me with a billion Perry the Platypuses!" Cue Doof being buried alive in model Perrys.