- Written by Riku SanjoDirected by Kenzo Maihara
Following their explosive clash from the previous episode, Shinnosuke and Heart have a heart-to-heart (no pun intended) talk about what the Roidmudes are after. While praising Shinnosuke as an exceptional individual, Heart makes it clear that a peaceful resolution to their conflict is extremely unlikely at best.
Afterward, the SCU follow up on their suspicions that one of the three chefs from the restaurant Supreme is working with the Roidmudes as a Hybrid Evolution. They soon begin to form a plan to expose his true identity. Medic meanwhile attempts to get back into Heart's good graces by completing the Honfleur Sunset, her experimental Ultimate Evolution serum.
This culminates in a battle between Heart and Drive, and the sheer joy Heart feels at facing so worthy a foe as Drive allows him to finally achieve Ultimate Evolution!
- Affably Evil: Once again, Heart demonstrates this. He not only refuses to attack a wounded and Mr. Belt-less Shinnosuke, he offers to sit down and talk about the relationship between Roidmudes and humans. He also reveals that unlike many other Roidmudes he isn't particularly interested in exterminating humanity, since if humanity is wiped out, who'll bear witness to the glory of the Roidmudes?
- Ambition Is Evil: Upon learning the reason 090's human partner is working with the Roidmudes (wanting to further improve their already impressive cooking skills), Shinnosuke declares that the path they've taken is the wrong one.
- Butt-Monkey: Brain once again, who makes the mistake of demanding his body back while Medic is still in shock after Heart pointedly ignores her. Medic squeezes his core and tosses him aside for his troubles.
- Despair Event Horizon: Medic seems to cross this when the perfected Honfleur Sunset is destroyed, since she viewed it as her only chance to redeem herself in Heart's eyes after he discovered her murderous tendencies. She doesn't even try to defend herself when Mach moves in for the kill.
- Deus ex Machina: Literally, as Banno acts from within his tab to protect the Riders from a newly evolved Heart's attack.
- Early-Bird Cameo/ Unexpected Character: Future!Krim from the upcoming Drive summer movie makes an appearance, ominously watching over Heart's battle with Drive and subsequent Ultimate Evolution.
- Love Makes You Evil: As it turns out, the head chef of Supreme is the human host of the Cook Roidmude, and is helping the Roidmudes because he's in love with 090.
- Love Redeems: The sheer grief Medic displays after losing her experimental Evolution serum makes Shinnosuke wonder if this isn't possible for the Roidmudes.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: After the junior cook attempts to appeal to the Cook Roidmude's host to give up his alliance with 090, the irate Roidmude immediately tries to kill him.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: When Medic finds the (slightly wounded) Heart, she happily calls out to him. However, he simply walks past her without a word, stunning her.
- Red Herring: Of the three people who work at Supreme, suspicion falls on the youngest of the trio since he fled from Shinnosuke in the previous episode and was apparently rescued by the Cook Roidmude. As it turns out, the real Quisling is the head chef, who is working with the third cook (who is also Roidmude 090).
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves: When the Cook Roidmude delivers the perfected Honfleur Sunset to Medic, the host asks if Medic will keep her word and allow 090 and the host to remain together. Medic agrees to let them stay together forever and shoves the Cook Roidmude aside before piercing it with one of her tentacles. Rather than killing them, however, she powers Cook up instead.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Poor 041, who was saved by Heart in the previous episode, is killed by a combination attack from Chaser and Mach.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Drive gets this when he prevents Mach from finishing off Medic. It gives Heart time to arrive, and as a result he acknowledges Shinnosuke as a honourable and worthy foe.
- Worthy Opponent: How Heart feels towards Shinnosuke, and this feeling is further cemented when he witnesses Drive deflect Mach's finisher to save Medic. Shinnosuke also admits he spared Medic because he believed that is how Heart would've acted if he had one of the Riders beaten and at his mercy.
- The Roidmude Count: 42The Answer: To rule over the humans.
Episode 1/4: What Is The Real Intention of Krim Steinbelt??
- To promote Kamen Rider Drive Surprise Future, four one-minute clips detailing the plot of the movie will be shown after their respective episodes, this being the first.
Eiji Tomari tries to record a warning message to people who live in 2015, but he encounters a trio of Roidmudes, who lure him out of his hiding place.
As numerous Roidmudes attack the soldiers, a video message from Krim Steinbelt is broadcast. Krim reveals that the Drive System was by no means heroic; merely a pawn in allowing him to achieve his true ambition. As the Krim Steinbelt of 2035 and Dark Drive stand alongside the Roidmudes, the Krim in the video announces to the world, "Good luck."
- Affably Evil: Future!Krim apologetically informs humanity that Kamen Rider Drive was no hero, merely a step on his path to his ambitions. He then asks humanity to kneel before the Roidmudes before offering everyone a cheerful "Good Luck!" with a smile, wink and a thumbs-up.
- Bad Future: The Roidmude-dominated future doesn't seem to be a pleasant place to live.
- Evil Overlord: Future!Krim gives off this air as he watches the Roidmudes attacking humans.
- The Answer: To rule the Earth.