A direct sequel to "Fractures". On the Watsons' wedding night, Holmes takes Beth on a tour of the TARDIS. The whole thing ends up being one big Ship Tease.
This TARDISode Provides Examples of:
- Bigger on the Inside: Beth postulates that the TARDIS isn't so much bigger on the inside as that she's simply an entire universe inside. (Which, actually, is Tom Baker's sentiment.)
- Byronic Hero/Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Holmes does have moments when he's genuinely glad to be with Beth... and yet he still ends up leaving her when she can't distract him thoroughly enough from brooding on the most recent developments in his life.
- It's All About Me: The real reason Holmes acts as Beth's tour guide — to distract himself from his brooding.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Beth is most definitely a mild version of this for Holmes — full of life and living life as fully as she can. He finds it adorable in spite of himself.
- Moment Killer: Holmes acts as one for himself.
- Mood Whiplash: Just as soon as things are just fine, smiles and all... things aren't fine again. It's terribly frustrating, because, without Holmes's moodiness, he and Beth could actually have a really nice time together.
- Mythology Gag: "Heroes don't exist, Beth — and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them."
- No Holding Hands: It's a Victorian thing. Holmes assumes Beth made a faux pas, and Beth realizes that she must have and kicks herself for it.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently, they run into enormous killer bees. We see only the aftermath.
- Nothing Is the Same Anymore: Poor, poor Holmes...
- Oblivious to Love: Holmes still apparently can't tell that Beth has fallen hard for him... or that he's falling for her.
- Pet the Dog: The whole story is this for Holmes towards Beth, albeit with selfish reasons.
- Scenery Porn: Gallifrey. Just how real it actually is is left unexplained.
- Ship Tease
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Definite shades of this.
- When She Smiles: Tying in with the above, Beth's smile seems to do... something... to Holmes, and she certainly finds his smile attractive.