Elise makes Phoebe replace her at work when she herself has a family emergency for once. Paige gets sick of running the Magic School. Zankou plans on getting the power of the spiritual Nexus under the Manor. Leo is now mortal, and vulnerable, and Piper insists on hiding him at Magic School after a demon hurts him, but Wyatt has another plan: he shrinks his parents and hides them in a dollhouse.
- Batman Gambit: Zankou has Leo injured in the hopes that the sisters will charge into the Underworld for payback, which would leave the manor unprotected and him free to claim the Nexus.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Leo while possessed by the Shadow.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: Once everyone is captured, Zankou prepares to kill the sisters, but Phoebe says he still needs them to get to the Nexus. Craven thinks it's a bluff, but Zankou knows it's true because of what he read in Piper's diary.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: Zankou admits he likes how the sisters always have clever remarks in the face of danger.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: Without his powers, Leo struggles to find something useful to do; he can't participate in fights anymore, and he doesn't have any involvement in the mortal world. In the end, he takes over teaching at Magic School (much to a stressed out Paige's relief).
- Emerging from the Shadows: Zankou's first scene.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Zankou planned on the sisters coming after his team in force, but he didn't account for Piper staying behind to guard Leo. Reading Piper's diary later in the episode helps him realize his error."Humans are slaves to their own emotion, and the strongest emotion is love. That's why Piper didn't leave her husband's side to fight us. That was my miscalculation. They would go through Hell to stay together."
- Full-Name Ultimatum: Piper when trying to get Wyatt to restore her and Leo to normal size. Leo says it's the first time she's ever done that.
- Harmful to Minors: Piper worries that Wyatt will become traumatized if he has to keep healing various injuries. He actually shrinks Piper and Leo because he's worried about their safety.
- Heartbroken Badass: Discussed. The diary passage that Zankou reads aloud was written when Piper was still struggling with Prue's death.
- Honor Before Reason: Leo doesn't want to just go run and hide in Magic School whenever something threatens his family.
- I Warned You: Once Zankou is defeated, Craven chastises him for ignoring his earlier warnings. Zankou kills him on the spot for that.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Elise saddles Phoebe with putting out the latest edition. Phoebe ends up admitting that's fair, given all the times she had to leave work suddenly and expected Elise to cover.
- Near-Villain Victory: Zankou is right; he was very close to winning.
- Not So Above It All: Elise left work early to go on a date with Richard, a co-worker. She later dances at the club.
- Spanner in the Works: Wyatt shrinking Leo and Piper and placing them inside the dollhouse (which he shielded). This prevents anyone from being able to locate them, which ultimately derails Zankou's plan to claim the Nexus. It means there is still some good in the manor, so when a summoning spell is read aloud, the Shadow lashes out at mooks instead of enter Zankou.
- Take a Third Option: When the Shadow is summoned, it hesitates. As Leo later explains, it was torn between going into good witches or an evil demon. It went into Leo since he was effectively neutral.
- What Measure Is a Mook?: Craven observes that a lot of demons that work for Zankou end up getting killed. This attitude is demonstrated when he telekinetically deflects a vanquishing potion into two nearby mooks. A couple others get killed when Zankou tries to summon the Shadow. Craven doesn't survive the episode, either.