BoJack's dating life is nothing but a bunch of teen girls who've read his book and just want to hang out with a celebrity until he meets Wanda Pierce, an owl woman who just awoke from a thirty-year coma. Meanwhile, Todd decides to open up his own Disneyland.
- Amusement Park of Doom: Todd's Disneyland. Attractions include a grease fire, a pile of filthy used mattresses, and a coaster called The Death Coaster "for liability reasons". The episode ends with it burning to the ground due to the aforementioned grease fire.
- Bait-and-Switch: One of Wanda's plans is to show David Copperfield making the World Trade Center disappear and the rest of her team are aghast. This is because they feel that David Copperfield isn't relevant anymore.
- Big Damn Heroes: How Mister Peanutbutter saves Todd.
- Commonality Connection: What makes Wanda trust Alex immediately and befriend him is that he's going through the same situation and fears that she is going through. In a weird way, him being a Russian spy only enhances this idea of a fish out of water.
- The Cuckoo Lander Was Right: After a cease-and-desist is brought against him due to naming his theme park "Todd's Disneyland" Todd states that maybe Walt Disney trademarked the wrong name. He's right. Due to a typo, Walt Disney trademarked "Diisneyland" instead, and Todd wins his case.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Discussed. Wanda admits not having had sex in over 30 years due to her coma, unless of course something happened while she was incapacitated. She seriously hopes that's wasn't the case.
- Funny Background Event: While Bojack and Pinkie are talking at the skating rink, Wanda is seen jumping mid-skate and doing a pirouette while her head stays perfectly straight.
- Groupie Brigade: BoJack develops one after the success of his book.
- Love at First Sight: Happens to BoJack and Wanda in a roller rink and is gradually deconstructed over the course of the season.
- Record Needle Scratch: Happens when Wanda meets Alex. The song "I Just Met My Perfect Match" stops and restarts.
- Smoking Hot Sex: Wanda has sex this way with BoJack.
- Stranger in a Familiar Land: Both Wanda and Alex have a hard time accepting that their world is gone.
- When BoJack thinks Wanda's the one, the song playing is called "I Just Met My Perfect Match".
- During Mister Peanutbutter's rescue, the DJ plays a song called "Every Dog Has His Day".
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: After sleeping with Wanda, BoJack freaks out because he feels things for her.