- Adult Fear: Violet (as a toddler) going missing in the middle of Black Friday.
- Crappy Holidays: Played with. The microwave breaks down in the middle of the Harts Thanksgiving dinner, but its a tradition for them to speed through dinner in favor of Black Friday.
- I Was Quite a Fashion Victim: Jenny, taking inspiration from Britney Spears in the late 2000s, is seen wearing a fedora with a velour tracksuit and heels.
- Line-of-Sight Name: The alias that Betty gives herself is Pantene Pert-Clairol
- Meet Cute: Sparks flew between Wayne and Jenny after the former returned Violet in the middle of the Black Friday chaos.
- Noodle Incident: Its never specified what happened when Betty and Crystalynn show up for church in identical all pink Ugg outfits.
- Retail Riot: Black Friday at Mega-Lo-Mart is this every year.
- Rivals Team Up: Betty and Crystalynn call a truce and work together so they can get a pair of pink Ugg boots each from a Mary Kay saleswoman with two carts full of them.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Betty and Crystalynne both keep mispronouncing Uggs.
- Thanksgiving Episode: The episode takes place during Thanksgiving, but the focus is on the Harts recalling the Black Friday a decade before.
- Whole Episode Flashback: The episode is a testimony to how Wayne and Jenny met.
Recap / Bless The Harts S 1 E 8 Mega Lo Memories