Jake embarks on a solo mission to help a broken-hearted Finn (part 1 of a two-parter).
- Ass Shove: BMO gooses Finn to try to shock him out of lovesickness.
- Big "WHAT?!": Jake drops one when it is revealed that Flame Princess is evil.
- Some lyrics from the original version of "All Warmed Up Inside":You're like a beautiful treasure / I want to open your chest
- After Jake sings "All Warmed Up Inside", the Flame King originally said this:Flame King: "A fire inside my body"?! That's pornographic.
- Some lyrics from the original version of "All Warmed Up Inside":
- Catch a Falling Star: In the final moments, Finn catches an extinguished Flame Princess who is able to relight herself.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Flame Princess reduces some courtiers to Flambits for whispering about her.
- Gratuitous Latin: "Incendium" means "fire" or "burning" in Latin.
- Growing Up Sucks: The episode is sparked by Finn being upset to discover that he's old enough that Princess Bubblegum finds him snuggling up to her to be creepily sexual.
- Love at First Punch: After Flame Princess nearly destroys the Tree Fort and leaves a hand-shaped burn on his face, Finn's reaction is "I think I have a crush".
- Playing Cyrano: Jake goes out looking to find Finn a girlfriend, and woos Flame Princess for him.
- Sequel Episode: To "Too Young"
- Wham Line:
- "Any prince ruthless enough to kill his own buffoon would make an excellent boyfriend [...]for my evil daughter!"
- "Dude, I think I have a crush."