Basic Trope: A much stronger character was weakened during a fight against a lesser character
- Straight: Badass Normal Amazing Girl, needs to fight Flying Brick Superio. While he's far above her league and could kill her easily, they happen to be fighting in extreme heat, which dampen Superio's powers.
- Exaggerated: Superio has had a very bad day. He only got 1 hour of sleep after having to snuff all the fumes Amazing Girl was creating. In the morning he was forced to zoom from the Milky Way to the Andromeda Galaxy to meet his son, only to remember he had to meet with the Justice Consortium, who were still in the Milky Way. (By the way his son is still on Earth.) He walks in on Amazing Girl, Xander, Sallymander, and The Dark-naught having an argument relating to video games. Superio barely even understands Earth's economy, and is drawn into the debate regardless. Mission control sends him and Raccoon Kid to deal with Master Death. On the way Master Death ambushes the two, weakening Superio with a special artifact and ripping his arms off. He flies home after the mission, still weakened by Master Death' artifact, when Amazing Girl interrupts him to talk about video games. She pulls him into a very hot room, takes offense to his rude comments, and attacks him. The dual amputee, tired, annoyed, and weakened Superio is forced to take a beating from her.
- Downplayed: Superio was fighting another Flying Brick earlier before encountering Amazing Girl, and is off his game, but still can beat her easy.
- Superio has a weakness that dampens his powers.
- Amazing Girl is a less powerful Flying Brick, and any nerf to Superio greatly benefits her.
- Superio and Amazing Girl fight in cold weather, which happen to enhance his powers.
- Amazing Girl equips her Powered Armor to make herself stronger.
- Amazing Girl was weakened by Dr. Poison's toxin before getting into a fight with Superio.
- Subverted: Amazing Girl attempts to weaken Superio with one of her gadgets, it works for a while, but he powers through it and she must fight him at full strength.
- Double Subverted: ... Her gadget had a delayed effect, it begins to take over mid fight and grants Amazing Girl an advantage.
- Parodied: Alice picks a fight with Bob, an athlete. Before anyone can throw a punch, a bunch of referees rush over to grant Alice a bunch of weapons and gear, including a bat, and kick Bob in the nuts, then they are allowed to fight.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: All characters remain at their natural level of power throughout the work.
- Enforced: "Fans want these two characters to fight, but Superio is obviously too powerful."
- Lampshaded:Master Death: ... And remember when you got your ass beat by a girl with no powers?
Superio: THAT WAS ONE TIME!
- Invoked: "We need to humble Superio somehow for storytelling purposes."
- Exploited: Master Death decides to assault Superio whenever he is fighting Amazing Girl and the like, since he's most likely to be weakened then.
- Defied: Superio himself decides to learn what his own weaknesses are and take measures so they do not weaken him.
- Discussed: ""Now's a good a time as ever to attack Superio, he's weak."
- Conversed: "I love how Power Levels are so relevant in speeches and fan debates, but whenever a dude with a gun fights an invincible flying dude they always have a reason as to why they can compete."
- Implied: It's stated that Superio and Amazing Girl fought each other off screen, and the Justice Consortium spends a noticeable amount of time trying to figure out how a regular human woman was able to out perform a literal Superman Substitute.
- Deconstructed: ???
- Reconstructed: ???
- Played For Laughs: ???
- Played For Drama: ???
Back to Worf Had the Flu