Basic Trope: An unresolved plot point is dropped from the narrative.
- Straight: In the children's film The Bunnies and the Golden Carrot, the main characters Bertrand and Bonnie meet a cute mouse family. They make friends and spend some of the film together. The mice are last seen trying to escape from a mean cat. We never get to know if they manage to escape.
- The mouse family gets almost as much screen time as the main characters, but we still don't get to know what happened to them.
- No loose ends are tied.
- Downplayed: The mouse family only appears in one scene.
- Justified: Bertrand and Bonnie get Easy Amnesia at some time after leaving the mice. Of course they don't remember them.
- Subverted: The Stinger shows the mice somehow defeating the cat.
- Double Subverted: Then an angry dog appears behind them...
- Parodied:Bonnie: What do you think happened to the mice?
Bertrand: The mice?
Bonnie: Don't you remember the mice?
Bertrand: What mice?
Bonnie: (long, completely accurate description of the mice)
Bertrand: No, I don't remember.
Bonnie: I don't either.
- Zig Zagged: The mouse family is shown to be okay in The Stinger, but then an angry dog appears... except, in the stinger of the sequel film, they are shown to have survived.
- Averted: In the end, the mice visit Bonnie, implying that they did escape.
- Enforced: The creators somehow forgot about the mice.
- Lampshaded: "I sure wonder what happened to the mice, Bonnie."
- Invoked: The mice are never mentioned by the characters again after they leave.
- Exploited: The mice were the only thing stopping Emperor Evulz from stealing the Golden Carrot. Now that they're gone, well...
- Defied: Bonnie asks Bertrand if he thinks the mice are okay. He's in doubt, so they agree to visit the mice, who turn out to be okay.
- Discussed: "I hope they don't forget about us in the end!"
- Conversed: "So the Golden Carrot was found, but what happened to the mice?"
- Implied: In the sequel film, Bonnie is shown reading a newspaper, and the mouse family is in the missing persons section.
- Deconstructed: Bertrand and Bonnie start to question if the mice ever existed at all, eventually leading them to go insane.
- Reconstructed: Turns out it was all a Secret Test of Character, and our heroes are fine, but the mice are still missing.
- Plot Foundation: This unresolved plot point becomes the plot of a sequel, The Bunnies and the Golden Carrot 2: The Killer Katz
Is that the end? But what happened to the main page?