- About the only thing anybody knows about the original arcade machine is the circular saw from the continue screen. What makes it worse is that the screen turns red at the end.
- The shadow of Ryu behind a window at the start of every stage, with creepy red eyes before he bursts through the screen and starts the level.
- Jaquio's Nightmare Face in the first NES game and the Baron Spider's White Mask of Doom in The Dark Sword of Chaos.
- How about the Masked Devil◊ from the first NES game?
- Professor Bucky-Wise's One-Winged Angel transformation in the OVA: his skin peels off and he grows a second backbone as his human features fall off (his ears and eyes can be seen falling off and ''melting'', respectively) as he becomes a green skinned Humanoid Abomination. The apperance itself is incredibly sadistic, stabbing Ryu in the arm and crushing Irene Lew's arm when she tries to save Ryu, all the while it's smiling.
Nightmare Fuel / Ninja Gaiden