- Hawk's red eyes... just... his red eyes.
- In all seriousness, Bryan himself is perhaps one of the scariest characters, due to his animalistic insanity.
- Bryan as a whole is terrifying for multiple reasons- his style is anything but orthodox. It's not even boxing. It can really only be described as the kind of fighting a man would engage in during a life-or-death struggle,swaying around to avoid being hit and flailing his fists out at every angle, using as much power as possible behind his swings. In a way it can be compared to a rabid chimpanzee attack, completely random and off-kilter where there's really no way to defend yourself but to run; and while the style does have its weaknesses, they aren't critical enough that they can be exploited. And he does all this with an insane grin, sometimes a sadistic laugh... and those goddamn horrifying red eyes. That's not the worst part about it, though. What's really terrifying is that when he's really into it, beating his opponent into a pulp, he gets sexually aroused from it, sporting a visible erection under his trunks. During his bout with Takamura, he even says he's going to cum from it. Everything about his boxing and his attitude is demented and fucked up.
- And the name of his "style"? "Pure Violence."
- Mashiba is scary enough out of the ring, but when he really snaps you don't want to be in the ring with him.
- And another one in chapter 912 is a bit more disturbing, coming from Itagaki of all people
- While not outright terrifying, Ippo's one shot K.O against Kojima is chill-inducing. He takes the brutal counter, and you think he's going to go down...but he doesn't. And he comes back with a vengeance. A bone-shattering, rage-induced, career ending vengeance.
- Chapter 1243 has an enraged Ippo take out his seething anger and sorrow on Taihei with a palm-strike slap to the face. Not only do we get a two-page cut of Ippo's Nightmare Face unlike anything else in the series, but the resulting blow knocks a high-schooler several meters away, unconscious on contact and bleeding from his nose and mouth. Umezawa's immediate reaction is checking if Taihei wasn't instantly killed by the blow, and Ippo suffers a major Heroic BSoD upon realizing he struck a minor with near-lethal force only a former Japanese champion like himself can put out, ready to turn himself into the authorities over the incident.
Nightmare Fuel / Hajime no Ippo