The Happy Fits are an Indie Pop band from New Jersey composed of three members: Calvin Langman (Cello and Lead Vocals), Ross Monteith (Lead Guitar), and Luke Davis (Drums). The band is unique in that, rather than having a bass player, they have a cellist.
The Happy Fits have released two albums, Concentrate and What Could Be Better. They have also released an EP titled Awfully Apeelin'.
Their first single, While You Fade Away, reached #5 on Spotifys Top 50 Viral USA Chart the first week of its release.
The band's website can be found here.
- Awfully Apeelin' (EP, 2016)
- Concentrate (2018)
- What Could Be Better (2020)
This band provides examples of:
- Addiction Song: "Drink" is about alcoholism.
- Album Title Drop: "What Could Be Better" is not only on the album of the same name, but has the title in its lyrics.
- Alliterative Title: Awfully Apeelin'.
- Animated Music Video: The music video for "Moving" is completely stop-motion animated, with the band being played by grapefruits.
- Battle of the Bands: The music video for Hold Me Down takes place at one of these, with the band playing all of the other competitors.
- Break Up Song: "So Alright, Cool, Whatever."
- Concept Video: The music video for Hold Me Down is told through a Battle of the Bands.
- "I Want" Song: "So Alright, Cool, Whatever":"I wanna be with youI wanna be with youI wanna be barely hanging on"
- Idiosyncratic Album Theming: Each album and EP has a different fruit on the cover.
- Awfully Apeelin': Banana
- Concentrate: Orange
- What Could Be Better: Grapefruit
- Lead Bassist: While technically a cellist, Calvin both plays the cello and sings lead vocals on most songs.
- The Oner: Not only was the music video for "Go Dumb" filmed in one take, but it was filmed backwards. Calvin had to learn how to sing the song backwards before filming.
- Pun-Based Title: Awfully Apeelin', which has a banana on its cover.
- Rock Trio: The band is an alternative group with three members.
- Title Track: "What Could Be Better," from the album What Could Be Better.