- "Brilliant Corners" (7:42)
- "Ba-Lue Bolivar Ba-Lues-Are" (13:24)
- "Pannonica" (8:50)
- "I Surrender, Dear" (5:25)
- "Bemsha Swing" (7:42)
- Thelonious Monk: piano, celesta
- Ernie Henry: alto saxophone
- Sonny Rollins: tenor saxophone
- Oscar Pettiford: double bass
- Max Roach: drums, timpani
- Clark Terry: trumpet
- Paul Chambers: double bass
- Album Title Drop: "Brilliant Corners"
- Alliterative Title: "Ba-Lue Bolivar Ba-Lues-Are".
- Cover Version: "I Surrender Dear", a Bing Crosby song.
- Epic Rocking: The 13:24 Ba-Lue Bolivar Ba-Lues-Are.
- Instrumental: The entire album is instrumental.
- Face on the Cover: Thelonious' face is even seen several times.
- Mirror Self: Several mirror reflections of Monk appear on the album cover.
- One-Word Title: "Pannonica"
- Something Blues and Spell My Name with an "S": "Ba-lue Bolivar Ba-lues-Are", is Monks exaggarated pronunciation of Blue Bolivar Blues.