Abominable Putridity are a Russian Slam Death Metal band, forming in 2003. Arguably the face of the Russian scene, they are categorized by their extensive use of slams, very much like the American band Devourment. In 2004, Vladimir joined as well as Andrey. Despite Vladimir being present on the debut recording, he had left in 2006, presumably to focus on working on the label that he runs, and was shortly replaced by Big Chocolate of Disfiguring the Goddess fame.
Although the debut technically came out on December of 2007, shipping was severely delayed until 2008. Matti Way joined in 2009 for a demo and the second album.
- Sergey Balayan - guitar (2003-present)
- Koubiachvili Alexander - drums (2003-present)
- Андрей "Andrey Kuklin" Куклин - bass (2003-present)
- Angel Ochoa - vocals (2019-present)
- Vladimir - vocals (20042006)
- Anton Zhikharev - bass (2004-2006)
- Cameron "Big Chocolate" Argon - vocals (20062007)
- Matti Way - vocals (2009-2019)
- In The End of Human Existence (2007/2008) note
- The Anomalies of Artificial Origin (2012)
- Parasitic Metamorphosis Manifestation (2020)
- Gorn: Anomalies downplays this, generally focusing more on Conspiracies, though it's still very much there.
- Humanoid Abomination: The Anomalies of Artificial Orgin featured this on its initial artwork.
- Indecipherable Lyrics: Vladimir and Alex were bad with this; There were no known lyrics printed on the debut.
- Misogyny Song: "Entrails Full of Vermin" and "Throat Fisting Abortion" seem to be the only obvious ones; the rest of the songs on the debut seems to be rather ambiguous, due to the lack of printed lyrics. This is completely averted with Anomalies, focusing more on general conspiracies and genetic mutation.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Unsurpsingly, an 11.
- New Sound Album: Anomalies took a more technical approach to their music than the debut, on top of being less slam.
- Sampling: The intro for End of Human Existance was taken from Silent Hill, while Anomalies was taken from Dead Space.
- Science Is Bad: This seems to be the moral of Anomalies.
- Slam Death Metal: Just like a lot of other Russian death metal bands.
- Special Guest: Angel Ochoa , AJ Magana and Corey Athos on the second album provide guest vocals.
- Spiritual Successor: They're the Russian answer to America's Devourment. Looks like the Cold War continues even in music...
- Token Minority:
- Sergey is actually Armenian.
- Matti Way is, of course, from America.
- Zombie Apocalypse: The original cover for In The End of Human Existance had this. The updated artwork seemed to be more of Hell taking over Earth.