Deus ex Machina, also known as Deus x Makina, is a manga that centers around a girl named Machina/Makina, her robot companion referred to as a 'Clockworker', named Deus, and a boy named Luke. Her job is to go around the country and destroy remaining Clockworkers, who are relics of a past war, and no longer needed in the present day and age.
- Accidental Pervert: Luke. Poor, poor Luke.
- Aerith and Bob: Machina, Rouletta, Bee, Scaredoll, and Luke.
- Bow and Sword, in Accord: Pistol and knife, actually. They are Machina's primary weapons.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Just about everyone in the Clock Workers Association except Luke.
- Catchphrase: Rouletta says "This/That/It is sexual harassment" a lot.
- Character Development: Luke mostly, although Machina accelerates later.
- The Chew Toy: Luke, although everyone takes some hits.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Machina.
- Ecchi: The manga doesn't shy away from the ecchi moments.
- Fanservice: Machina herself is walking fanservice.
- HeelFace Turn:
- Only Sane Man: Well, more like boy (Luke) and robot (Deus).
- Older Than They Look: Machina, who appears to be at least 13 or 14, is, if flashbacks are anything to go buy, 17 years old.
- Schedule Slip: The series seems to update at irregular points in the year, more often than not near the end of the year. It started in 2008 and it only has 24 chapters.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Machina has no qualms about walking around naked.
- Steam Punk: Clockworkers are powered by mainsprings. Machina travels by private train pulled by a steam locomotive (ala Wild Wild West).
- Unwanted Harem: Luke. Poor, poor Luke.
- Wicked Stepmother: Velvet was this to Machina. Velvet married into the Exequias family, and treated Machina like the scum on the bottom of her shoe, outright ordering the maids not to concern themselves with her, leaving her in the care of Deus, who became her only friend, only to take him away, and regarding her as just one of the many puppets to dance on her "stage". Needless to say, she's the scum of the earth.