Running from May 2010 - October 2016, it was illustrated by Yuriko Asami, and published by ASCII Media Works in Dengeki G's Magazine and, later, Dengeki G's Comic. Seven Seas Entertainment is releasing the manga in North America.
Contains examples of:
- Adaptation-Induced Plot Hole: In Track Zero, Yuri and Hinata are in the headmaster's office with Chaa when Angel arrives, so they witness her killing him. Later, Yuri remarks on her inhuman speed. In Heaven's Door, Angel arrives there before them, so they only see her after the act is done, but Yuri still remarks on her speed.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Heaven's Door is bloodier compared to the anime. This extends both to serious moments and to slapstick.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Iwasawa and Hisako. Iwasawa will typically say something ridiculous, while Hisako reacts with incredulity.
- Emotion Suppression: Yusa voluntarily undergoes this.
- Eye Scream:
- Played for Laughs. Out of irritation, Yuri stabs chopsticks into Hinata's eyes.
- For a more serious example, Shiina stabs one of Hinata's eyes out during their fight.
- Forgotten Framing Device: The manga starts out with the framing of Hinata explaining to Otonashi how he met Yuri and how the SSS got founded. However, later the point-of-view shifts to Iwasawa and Hisako for a few chapters, and after the manga progresses past the end of Track Zero, the primary point-of-view starts shifting to Yuri.
- Not What It Looks Like: Hisako trips and falls on Iwasawa while naked. Angel walks in on them, pauses, then:Angel: It's already time for bed, so please finish in the morning.
Hisako: Finish what?!
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Iwasawa and Hisako, very much.Yuri: Could you two stop flirting already?!
- Running Gag: Yuri declaring her and Hinata's partnership over for various reasons.
- Ship Tease: There's quite noticeable teasing with Hinata and Yuri. Considering that the events of the manga came before the anime though, things didn't seem to go anyway.
- True Companions: Hinata decides to stick with Yuri to fight against God even though she just kicked Hinata off the rooftops. More generally, the SSS themselves.
- Tsundere: Yuri is like this for Hinata in the manga and light novel, which is the basis for much of the Ship Tease.
- You Are Number 6: The manga reveals that Shiina is a pseudonym; it stands for C-7 (shii-na).