A young girl meets an immortal dragon in a dream and he offers to make her an angel. Ten years later she attends college backed by a mysterious organization with way too much money and surrounded by individuals determined to achieve membership. Meanwhile she is desperate for friendship and is willing to cling onto and protect it jealously no matter the cost. What the hell is she going to do when these two sides of her life meet, and why wont the government just leave her alone.
This work includes examples of:
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: All rooms in Mind Hall are singles and the room doors come standard with a very hardy lock. Being capable of reading the minds of man is apparently not conductive to a good nights sleep. Telepaths are stated to be a paranoid lot.
- Bag of Holding: The Main Character possess a copper bracelet which she uses as a handbag, with all the things that go in one of those.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: Lisbeth's dad taught her to "Always be polite to things that might decide to eat you".
- Mind Probe: Telepaths, Empaths, and other assorted mind readers reside in Mind Hall, on campus, where the walls are treated with a special coating to insure that everyone get to keep their thoughts for themselves.
- The Unpronounceable: After the dragon utters his true name, Lisbeth realises that she will never be able to repeat it herself.
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: A reality instead of a fantasy, as Lisbeth mentions at one point having spent a year "experimenting" with Seth and Lance; Charis eventually did too.